Digitalization of Trade Finance Current developments and trends in trade finance from IT solutions provider point of view
IT solutions for trade finance products such as L/Cs, Bank Guarantees, Export and Import Finance; Digital documents; BPO; Supply Chain Finance.
In this digital era, the Trade Finance environment remains to be a paper intense process for most of its transactions. Specialised companies focus on enabling the transition towards a paperless environment within the Trade Finance business area. Digitizing documents around the physical supply chain, like the Bill of Lading, not only reduces risk and cost for corporates, but also make it easier for them to utilize these documents in Trade Finance transactions, i.e. within the Financial Supply Chain.
Seminar with a leading Foreign Speaker - The Seminar will be held in English with no interpretation!
This workshop is sponsored by:
Who should attend:
This seminar will be of benefit to professionals working in bank´s trade finance departments working with various trade finance products and instruments such as documentary credits, bank guarantees, export and import financing, etc. Bank IT specialists and relationship managers will gain an insight into practices in trade finance with focus on supply chain finance, IT solutions for trade finance, etc. The seminar will be also very valuable to business people active in trade finance.
- bankers in trade finance departments with working experience,
- IT specialists, relationship managers,
- exporters and importers using trade finance instruments and services.
David Hennah - Head of trade & supply chain finance with Misys, London and Member of the World Trade Board
T: +44 203 3320 5006
Jacco de Jong - Managing Director at EssDOCS consulting and Head of Trade Finance at EssDOCS
With over 30 years in the International Trade Finance business environment, Jacco de Jong has gained hands-on experience in all major areas such as operations, client service, sales (commodity) finance, training, digitalization and system implementations.
By being a trusted advisor to many corporates and financial institutions, Mr De Jong stays abreast of the latest developments in the market. In his role as Managing Director at EssDOCS Consulting and head of Trade Finance he is supporting banks and corporates in the transition towards digitalization in Trade and Supply Chain Finance.
08:30 – 09:00 Registration
09:00 – 09:05 Introduction - Representative of ICC CR
09:05 – 10:30
Introduction to main developments and trends in Trade Finance from IT solutions provider point of view
- Key drivers influencing change in the market: regulation, new models for risk and finance, digitisation, globalisation
- Latest developments in trade & supply chain software solutions; back-office and corporate channels
- Integration of partner solutions to support paperless trade and regulatory compliance
10:30 – 10:50 Contact break
10:50 – 11:30
Activities of the World Trade Board and report from the World Trade Symposium 2017
- Closing the trade finance funding gap topwards SMEs
- Promoting adoption of legal entity identifiers
- Assessing the true potential of blockchain in trade finance
- Promoting sustainable trade and the circular economy
11:30 - 12:00
Latest developments in new technology
- Blockchain, smart contracts, tokenisation, big data, mobile devices, Internet of Everything, track & trace, intelligent sensors, bioemtrics, drones, robotics
12:00 – 13:00 Lunch
13:00 – 14:00
Supply Chain Finance
- Supply chain finance – what is it?
- Supply Chain finance techniques
- Receivables purchase v. Loan or advances-based SCF
- Enabling framework
14:00 – 14:15 Contact break
14:15 – 15:00
BPO – digital platform for open account bank solutions
- How is BPO to function?
- Use of BPO and its possible future
15:00 – 16:00
The transition towards a paperless environment within the Trade Finance Business.
- Insight into the opportunities resulting from going digital
Member of ICC Czech Republic - discount on the total amount of 1 or more colleague from the same company - a discount of 20-30% by the contirbutory set of rules
Non-member - discount on the total amount of 2 colleagues from the same company - 5% discount, 3 colleagues from the same company - 10% discount, 4 or more colleagues from the same company - 15% discount
Please note that your registration for participation at this seminar is binding. In cuse of absence, the registration fee will not be returned.
The refreshment for participants will be provided during breaks and lunch.
If you need an application form in Word, send us your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to meeting you :)
- Organizator Name: Renata Filípková
- Organizator Phone: 257 217 744
- Organizator Email: email@example.com
- 19.6.2017 Invitation to the seminar Digitalization of Trade Finance Current developments and trends in trade finance from IT solutions provider point of view.pdf