Prague Arbitration Day 2023
CEE REFLECTIONS ON A CENTURY OF ICC ARBITRATION
Prague Arbitration Day is an annual one-day conference organised in the heart of Central & Eastern Europe that focuses on topical issues in arbitration. The event builds on previous successful conferences in 2018, the event has been again co-organized by the ICC Czech Republic and the ICC International Court of Arbitration.
Prague Hotel Marriott, V Celnici 8, Prague 1, Czech Republic
09:00 - 09:30 Registration
09:30 - 09:35 Moderator
- René Cienciala • Partner at Urban & Hejduk; Former Secretary of Arbitration Commission at ICC Czech Republic • CZ
09:35 - 09:45 Welcome remarks & Opening speech
- Jitka Haubová • Chair at ICC Czech Republic; Chief Operations Officer at Komerční banka • CZ
09:45 - 11:00 Keynote panel
- Yves Derains • Former Secretary General of ICC Court; Founding Partner of Derains & Gharavi • FR
- José Feris • Former Deputy Secretary General of ICC Court; Partner at Squire Patton Boggs • DOM & FR
- Jennifer Kirby • Former Deputy Secretary General of the ICC Court; Independent Practitioner at Kirby International Arbitration • US & UK
- Moderated by Marek Procházka • Partner at PRK Partners; Chairman of Arbitration Commission at ICC Czech Republic • CZ
11:00 - 11:30 Coffee break
11:30 - 12:45 Recent development and best practices in drafting arbitration agreements
- Alina Leoveanu • Counsel at the ICC Secretariat • RO & FR
- Michal Matějka • Partner at PRK Partners • CZ
- Luminita Popa • Managing Partner at Suciu Popa; ICC Court Member • RO
- Alicja Zielińska-Eisen • Of Counsel at Queritius; ICC YAAF Representative • PL
12:45 - 14:00 Lunch break
14:00 - 15:15 Sanctions and other contemporary challenges in international arbitration
- Azal Khan • Associate at Clifford Chance • IN & DE
- Eveli Lume • Partner at Squire Patton Boggs • EE & DE
- Lucia Raimanová • Partner at Allen & Overy • SK
- Jiří Urban • Director and CEE Dispute Advisory Leader at KPMG • CZ
15:15 - 15:45 Coffee break
15:45 - 17:00 Interventions of courts in arbitral proceedings
- Karl-Oscar Dalin • Partner at DLA Piper • SE
- Miloš Olík • Partner at Rowan Legal • CZ
- Robert Pelikán • Partner at Wolf Theiss • CZ
- Dušan Sedláček • Partner at Havel & Partners • CZ
17:00 - 17:15 Closing remarks
- Marek Procházka • Partner at PRK Partners; Chairman of Arbitration Commission at ICC Czech Republic • CZ
17:30+ Evening cocktail
Conference will commence at 9:30 am at Hotel Marriott Prague.
Cocktail reception will commence at 5:30 pm and will be held separately at Dům u Kamenného zvonu.
Language: English (no interpretation will be provided by organizers).
Early Bird Registration Fee (until 28 February 2023) - 6 500 CZK / 250 EUR incl. VAT per person
Regular Registration Fee (from 1 March 2023) - 7 500 CZK / 290 EUR incl. VAT per person
The price includes conference fee, two coffee breaks, lunch and conference materials.
Cocktail Reception Fee - 2 500 CZK / 100 EUR incl. VAT per person
Cocktail reception has to be ordered and paid separately.
Standard discounts for members of the ICC Czech Republic apply.
An audience not only from the CEE region but from the rest of Europe as well, with a special focus on in-house counsels, as well as lawyers (legal counsels), arbitrators, and representatives of national and international chambers (banking, insurance, etc.).
- Allen & Overy (Czech Republic) LLP, organizační složka
- Clifford Chance Prague LLP
- DLA Piper Prague LLP, organizační složka
- HAVEL & PARTNERS s.r.o., advokátní kancelář
- KPMG Česká republika
- PRK Partners s.r.o. advokátní kancelář
- ROWAN LEGAL, advokátní kancelář s.r.o.
- Squire Patton Boggs s.r.o., advokátní kancelář
- Urban & Hejduk s.r.o., advokátní kancelář
- Wolf Theis Rechtsänwalte GmbH organizační složka
- Organizator Name: Tereza Šťastná
- Organizator Phone: +420724613084
- Organizator Email: firstname.lastname@example.org