Prague Arbitration Day 2022
How to succeed in arbitration on paper and in reality.
ICC Prague Arbitration Day is a unique one-day conference organised in the heart of Central & Eastern Europe that focuses on topical issues in arbitration. The event builds on previous successful conferences in 2018, 2019 and 2021, each having hosted over 100 attendees from dozens of countries. The event is again co-organized by the ICC Czech Republic and the ICC International Court of Arbitration, with a representative of the ICC Court’s management as a keynote speaker.
Prague Hotel Marriott, V Celnici 8, Prague 1, Czech Republic
Preliminary programme and speakers - subject to amendments:
Keynote speech will be delivered by Claudia Salomon, President at ICC International Court of Arbitration.
08:30 - 09:30 Registration
09:30 - 10:15 Opening speech, Keynote speech
- René Cienciala (Partner at Urban & Hejduk; Secretary of Arbitration Commission at ICC Czech Republic)
- Miloš Olík (Partner at Rowan Legal; Chairman at ICC Czech Republic)
- Claudia Salomon (President at ICC International Court of Arbitration)
10:15 - 11:30 Pre-trial considerations
- John Wilkinson (Partner and CEE/CIS Head of Disputes at EY)
- Heidrun Halbartschlager (Counsel at Peters Ortner Partners)
- Anne-Karin Grill (Counsel and Founder of AKG ADVISORY)
- Michael Ostrove (Global Co-Chair of International Arbitration at DLA Piper; Vice-President at ICC International Court of Arbitration)
11:30 - 12:00 Coffee break
12:00 - 13:15 Pitfalls of emergency arbitration
- Sabrina Aïnouz (Partner at Squire Patton Boggs; Member of ICC International Court of Arbitration; Ambassador of ICC Africa Commission)
- Iuliana Iancu (Partner at Hanotiau & van den Berg; ICC YAF Reppresentative for Europe)
- Jaroslav Kudrna (Head of International Arbitration and Investment Protection Unit at Ministry of Finance of the Czech Republic)
- Lukáš Paleček (Deputy Counsel at ICC International Court of Arbitration)
13:15 - 14:30 Lunch break
14:30 - 15:45 An interplay between arbitration and insolvency
- Dušan Sedláček (Partner at Havel & Partners; Vice-Chairman of Arbitration Commission at ICC Czech Republic)
- Alice Fremuth-Wolf (Head of Austria & CEE at Nivalion; former Secretary General at VIAC)
- Petr Sprinz (Counsel and Prague Head of Restructuring and Insolvency at Allen & Overy)
- Jaroslav Brož (Managing Partner at Brož Brož Vala; Czech Insolvency Administrator with Special Authorization)
15:45 - 16:15 Coffee break
16:15 - 17:30 Recent developments in recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards
- Michal Nulíček (Partner at Rowan Legal)
- Miriam Galandová (Partner at PRK Partners)
- Karolina Rozycka (Counsel at Clifford Chance)
- Francesco Sciaudone (Managing Partner at Grimaldi Studio Legale)
17:30 - 17:45 Closing remarks
- Rostislav Pekař (Partner at Squire Patton Boggs; Chairman of Arbitration Commission at ICC Czech Republic)
18:00+ Evening cocktail
ICC PAD 2022 will commence at 09:30 and conclude with a cocktail reception from 18:00 onwards.
Language: English (no interpretation will be provided by organizers).
An audience not only from the CEE region but from the rest of Europe as well, with a special focus on in-house counsels, as well as lawyers (legal counsels), arbitrators, and representatives of national and international chambers (banking, insurance, etc.).
Early Bird Registration Fee (until 7 March 2022) - 6.300,- CZK / 240 EUR incl. VAT per person
Regular Registration Fee (from 8 March 2022) - 7.600,- CZK / 290 EUR incl. VAT per person
The price includes conference fee, two coffee breaks, lunch and entrance to the evening cocktail reception.
Standard discounts for members of the ICC Czech Republic provided
- Allen & Overy (Czech Republic) LLP, organizační složka
- Clifford Chance Prague LLP
- DLA Piper Prague LLP, organizační složka
- Ernst & Young Audit, s.r.o.
- HAVEL & PARTNERS s.r.o., advokátní kancelář
- PRK Partners s.r.o. advokátní kancelář
- ROWAN LEGAL, advokátní kancelář s.r.o.
- Squire Patton Boggs s.r.o., advokátní kancelář
- Urban & Hejduk s.r.o., advokátní kancelář
- Kontaktní jméno pořadatele: Tereza Šťastná
- Telefon na pořadatele: +420 724 613 084
- E-mail na pořadatele: firstname.lastname@example.org