ICC 2021 Rules of Arbitration REGIONAL LAUNCH
ICC Poland and ICC Czech Republic kindly invite to the regional launch of ICC 2021 Rules of Arbitration. The event will be held on 11 December 2020 at 2:00 p.m. CET in the form of an on-line transmission on the Zoom platform.
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) has unveiled revised Rules of Arbitration that are due to enter into force as of 1 January 2021. This is one of launch events, co-organized by ICC Poland and ICC Czech Republic that will introduce the changes to the Rules.
The event will be held in English.
1. General Efficiency:
- Soft copy over paper.
- Virtual/hybrid hearings.
2. Conduct of Arbitration:
- Expedited arbitration for all cases up to USD 3 million.
- Emergency arbitrator application conditions eased.
- Tribunal may exclude counsel.
- Parties disclose funding arrangements.
- Tribunal encourages parties to consider settlement/mediation.
- Court communicates reasons for decisions to parties.
- Court structure and organization reset.
- Appointments and elections fully set out and regulated.
4. Complex Arbitrations:
- Joining additional parties once a tribunal is in place.
- Consolidating pending cases to save time and costs.
- Appointing the full tribunal where agreement is unconscionable.
Beata Gessel-Kalinowska vel Kalisz | Hjordis Hjartardottir | Laetitia de Montalivet | Miloš Olík |
Rostislav Pekař | Dušan Sedláček | Małgorzata Surdek | Justyna Szpara
The meeting is intended for the members of the Commission on Arbitration and ADR of ICC Poland,
the members of the Commission on Arbitration and ADR of ICC Czech Republic, as well as all those
interested in international arbitration.
To register for the event, use the link - free of charge.